Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sweet Lullaby Brag Book


Hi there!

Today I have a "brag book" to show you that I made for one of my neighbors that recently had a baby.  These books are so easy to put together and make a nice gift.



To decorate the book I used Heartfelt Creations stamps, designer papers and dies from the Sweet Lullaby Collection. The baby shoe image was colored with pencils and mineral spirits and die cut with Decorative Labels 22 Die.

Here is the inside of the book which contains 8 - A2 clear envelopes that you can put pictures in. I also included a blank Labels 22 die cut that can be written on.


To package this up for gift giving, I used an 8 11/16" x 11 14/16" clear envelope and cut it down to fit. (I normally use a 6 1/8" x 8 1/2" clear seamed envelope, but I was all out.) I then created a "sticker" with a sentiment and my Create-A-Sticker Machine.



You can see full instructions for this at the end of my post. Hope you like my little brag book project and it inspire you!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #206

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Sweet Lullaby Brag Book

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3603 - Sweet Dreams Cling
HCPC 3605 - Sweet Lullaby Sentiments Cling
HCD 744 - Once Upon A Time Die
HCPC1 243 - Sweet Lullaby Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal

159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
Other products: Paper: Solar White (Neenah), yellow (DCWV), Baby Blue (Coredinations); Ink: Sea Breeze, Thatched Straw (VersaMagic), Onyx Black (VersaFine); Accessories: 8 - A2 clear bags, 1 - 8 11/16" x 11 15/16" clear bag, Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), heart shape button, Xyron Create-A-Sticker, Spellbinders Labels 22, Decorative Labels 22, Crop-A-Dile Tool, White Embossing Powder (Stampin Up), heat tool, yellow fibers, Bow-Easy Tool, Scor-Tape, Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Kelp Green, Marine Green, Cloud Blue, Slate Blue, Indigo Blue, Jasmine, Sandbar Brown, Light Umber, Cool Greys 10, 30, 50%

Instructions: Brag book measures 4 3/4" x 7 1/4". Follow instructions for Clear Envelope Brag Book on Split Coast Stampers here. Use Baby Blue cardstock for back/spine and front of book. (I included 8 clear envelopes in this book.) Create mats for the front and inside of book by cutting Sweet Lullaby papers to fit, inking edges with Sea Breeze and gluing down. Die cut Labels 22 with yellow cardstock and glue to inside of book. Die cut Labels 22 with Baby Blue cardstock and adhere to front of book with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp baby shoe image from Sweet Dreams Cling Set on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Die cut image with Decorative Labels 22 and add to front with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Use Crop-A-Dile Tool to punch 2 holes for binding as pictured, add fibers or ribbon and tie in a knot or bow. Make a small multi-loop bow with fibers and add to top right with glue dots. Add heart button to bow with glue dots. Add Buttercup Liquid Pearls to flower centers on image.

For gift packaging, I used an 8 11/16" x 11 15/16" clear bag and cut off the top extra. (Normally I use 6 1/8" x 8 1/2" clear bags for these, but I was all out and had to make do with a larger bag by cutting it down.) To close the bag I created a sentiment "sticker" by stamping the Sweet Lullaby Sentiments on yellow cardstock with VersaMark Ink, heat embossing with White Embossing Powder and die cutting with matching Once Upon a Time Die. Select the "Congratulations" sentiment and create a "sticker" by running it through the Xyron Create-A-Sticker Machine. Add to back of packaging to close.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift for a new mother. I just know it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super bow with the heart button. A great gift.That baby boot sure brings back memories. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 206th AG challenge! Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super sweet baby card, Kathy. This will be cherished for sure. The littl shoe is just SO sweet, and you've done an amazing job with it as always. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!