Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rugged Baby Boy Clothes - CottageCutz


Happy Thursday!

Today I have a cute little boy card for you using the Rugged Baby Boy Clothes CottageCutz Die from The Scrapping Cottage!




I cut the jeans part of the die using a dark blue card stock and used a bright green plaid designer paper for the shirts.  I also cute the pocket and belt of the jeans with the green plaid, trimmed them and glued them to the jeans.  I love these two colors together against the white.  It's so cheery looking and cute for a boy!

The card base is the same dark blue as the jeans with a bright green mat and then a white mat that I embossed and stamped with a sentiment.  I embellished the card with some blue ribbon, baby rick rack, jute twine and heart buttons all in matching colors.

This is the CottageCutz Die I used:




Card Recipe:

Stamp: Warm Words (SU)
Paper: White (Recollections), Nana's Nursery Baby Boy - DCWV), Chipped Saphire Distressed, BM Wizard (Coredinations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Green with Envy, Blue Moon (PowderPuffs - Quick Quotes)
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder (SU), blue ribbon (Offray), green Baby Rick Rack (Wrights), Bow-Easy Tool, Royal Blue Jute String (Really Reasonable Ribbon)

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #145 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Great Job! Another die for my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ADORABLE card, Kathy. You do such an amazing job with the Cottage Cutz, and I always enjoy seeing you creativity and having you share those talents with us. Thanks SO MUCH, and may God bless your week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!