Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Masculine Tag - Heartfelt Creations


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some Heartfelt Creations Inspiration!  Today I have a masculine tag for you!




Boy do I have a hard time making masculine projects!  I have to restrain myself from adding bows and flowers and it always looks too plain.  This one didn't come out too bad.  I do love the Clear Bark embossing powder on the light blue designer paper along with the dark brown card stock and ribbon.

Here's a little close up of the elements for you.




Be sure to visit the HC Blog to check out all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!  You can also see a new video from Emma Lou with a fun technique to show you.

Check back tomorrow for my second project I made for HC this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #129 - Anything Goes

Thanks for visit today!

Blessings!

Kathy

Masculine Tag

HC Products:

HCPC 3598 - World Map PreCut Set
HCPC 3596 - Celebrate the Journey Sentiments PreCut Set
HCD 744 - Once Upon a Time Die
HCDP1 - 242 - Celebrate the Journey Paper Collection
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
DDOTS - Double Dots
SMP001 - Stamp Mat Pad
354806 - Standard Circles Large
031473 - Elegant Labels Four

Other Products:

Paper: Natural White (Neenah), Mist (WorldWin), dark brown card stocks
Inks: VersaMark Watermark, Java (PowderPuffs)
Accessories: Clear Bark Embossing Powder (Recollections), heat tool, ribbon (Michaels), twine, star button, pop dots, glue dots, hole punch.

Instructions: Cut light blue designer paper 3" x 5 1/4", stamp with World Map image using VersaMark, and heat emboss with Clear Bark Embossing Powder. Cut top 2 corners at 1/2" as shown. Ink edges with Java Chalking Ink. Cut mat with dark brown cs slightly larger, glue to dp piece, and trim top 2 corners. Cut another mat with Mist cs in same manner and hold aside. Stamp Celebrate the Journey Sentiments on Natural White cs with VersaMark and heat emboss with Clear Bark EP. Die cut with matching die. Select 3 pieces shown (The World sentiment, medallion circle, and pocket watch), ink edges with Java. Cut circle shape with dark brown cs using circle die. Add The World sentiment circle to medallion circle with pop dots and glue these to dark brown circle with glue in the center. Add pocket watch to tag as pictured using pop dots. Die cut smallest die from Elegant Labels Four using Mist cs, ink edges with Java, and thread piece of brown ribbon through side as shown. Add double dots under center of label, add to tag wrapping ribbon around back and securing in place. Add Mist mat to back of tag. Glue circle sentiment to tag as shown. Punch opening for ribbon tie on top with hole punch. Add piece of ribbon tied in knot. Add star button with twine bow to center of knot as shown.

9 comments:

  1. I love this Kathy! Gorgeous tag, gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors together...and the tag is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag. Beautifully done. Love the color combination and arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see where I live. It is a wonderful tag for a man, the colors and layout. You are so talented. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Kathy, fantastic creation to say you don`t do men cards (me either) love this tag design, beautiful colors and design work.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Kathy. I love the masculine feel to this, and I want to thank you for sharing with us in our challenge. Your participation means SO much to me, and I always enjoy seeing your creative work. Have a blessed week, and stop by again soon.
    God bless you always!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nicely done, Kathy, I'm with you...I struggle with Masculine projects too...No one would know that you struggled with this one though...great project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. We appreciate you for sharing your inspiration with us and welcome you back for another fun week coming up!
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!