Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, March 22, 2014

CottageCutz - Happy Together

Happy Saturday!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Today I have a side-step card to show you using a bunch of CottageCutz Dies!




The last time I did a side-step card it was with crows, this time it's deer!  This is a fun card shape when you want to create a scene.  As soon as I saw these dies, I thought it would be fun to put them all together!  Here's a bit of a side view for you.  You can also click on the photos for a closer view.





The back fold has the pine trees from the Woodland Cabin and the Woodland Pine Trees Dies.  The middle fold has the rest of the Woodland Cabin Dies.  The front has the Woodland Fawns, Garden Birdhouse Tree, and the grass from the Canadian Goose Die.

I used brown, yellow, and salmon pink card stock for the cabin and white card stock, colored with chalk inks, for the rest.  The brown card stock is Brownie from Coredinations which I also used to make the card base.  To create the base, I used the Side Step Card tutorial on Split Coast Stampers that you can find here.

The sentiment is from Happy Together by Stampin Up, stamped on the salmon pink colored card stock with Rich Cocoa by Memento.  I then punched it with the Word Window punch and added it over the grass with pop dots.

The ribbon embellishment is made with Salmon Pink Seam Binding, Cocoa Jute String (both from Really Reasonable Ribbon), fibers from my stash and a button.  I did separate triple loop bows, glued them together with glue dots, then add the button with a fiber bow in it on top.

These are the dies I used:







I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #124 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #91 - Welcome Spring & Ribbon or Trim

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Happy Together (SU)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Brownie (Coredinations), "Pink Salmon" (DCWV Stack), yellow (scraps)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Pink Grapefruit (VersaMagic), Green Tea, Mocha Mama, Amaretto, Creamy Cocoa, Feathered Gray (PowderPuffs)
Accessories: Bow-Easy Tool, Pink Salmon Seam Binding, Cocoa Jute String (Really Reasonable Ribbon), fibers, button, pop dots, make-up applicators, Word Window Punch (SU)

Thank you for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy


9 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, that is absolutely amazing, what a great style of card to make to highlight your dies beautifully, great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow is right! This is an amazing scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling! Love how you used these dies. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic stepper card Kathy, love this scene you have created with your beautiful dies, cute deers..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scenery! I feel the love in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your link on Word Art Wednesday and wanted to pop over and say: I love this adorable scene card! so many wonderful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet Spring inspired card! Love the details! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the card design and how you come up with a great scene on your design. We are so blessed with your wonderful project and hope you join us again in this week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I want to share this verse with you in Luke 1:37 which says, "For no word from God will ever fail." God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful scene that you have created here...This is one card fold that I have not tried yet...but you sure have inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!